Now that you’ve got a new Nickelled account you can start creating Nickelled guides for your website. Nickelled guides are great you can use them for a whole heap of different things: customer support, sales, marketing, ongoing customer education. So what do you need to know about creating your first guides.
Installing the chrome extension
Before you can create any guides you’ll need to install the Nickelled Chrome extension. Go here to install it. Note that you must be using the Google Chrome web browser to use it.
Making magic happen
Follow the steps below to create your first guide.
- First go to the website you want to create a guide for.
- When you're ready, click the 'Ni' logo in the top right corner of your browser.
- The Nickelled control bar should appear at the bottom of your page.
- Click 'Start creating a guide'.
- Then move your cursor over the page. Notice the blue boxes? Click on one of those and a step will appear.
- Click on the title and/or the description within the step to edit it's contents.
- You can create as many steps as you want.
- When you're done, click 'Done' in the bottom right.
- Fill in the details, then click 'Save and upload'.
Wait a second and you'll see a few options. If you get to this stage, congratulations! You've now created your first guide :).
And that’s all there is to it.