Using our web based creation
Once you have a Nickelled account. It's easy to start creating guides for your users. Our web based creation is our most advanced creation experience and should be used in most instances.
- Go to https://make.nickelled.com
- Enter the website URL that you'd like to create a guide for
- Once the website has loaded, go to the page you'd like to start creating the guide on
- Click on the red + to add your first step and modal
- You can create as many steps on as many pages as you like
- Click the save button in the bottom right corner
- Congratulations, you've just created your first guide
Using our Chrome Extension
Our Chrome extension is a more basic guide creation experience and should be used if there's any problems with the web based creation. Once you have the Chrome extension installed it's a doddle to create your first guide and better yet, there is zero coding required! Just follow these steps...
- First go to the website you want to create a guide
- When you're ready, click the 'Ni' logo in the top right corner of your browser to launch the extension.
- The Nickelled control bar should appear at the bottom of your page.
- Click 'Start creating a guide'.
- Then move your cursor over the page. Notice the blue boxes? Click on one of those and a step will appear.
- Click on the title and/or the description within the step to edit its contents.
- You can create as many steps as you want.
- When you're done, click 'Save guide' in the bottom right.
- Fill in the details, then click 'Save and upload'.
- Wait a second and you'll see a few options. If you get to this stage, congratulations! You've now created your first guide :).