For many instances the bank does not inform us of the exact reason a card payment failure occurs. Some common causes are:
- Card has expired
- The card was cancelled and a new one issued
- Card was reported stolen or lost
- There was a temporary problem with the banks computer systems
- A fraud flag was triggered on your account
- Insufficient funds to process the payment in the account
Nickelled will automatically attempt to take the payment again up to four times at which point your guides will be disabled and the account will be locked out. One of our team will have reached out to warn you in advance of this happening.
If you have further questions on why a payment failed it's best to check with the bank since they have more information of why the payment was rejected.
If you'd like to change your card details to avoid risking the guides being disabled or because a new card has been added, update your card here.